Explore the question What is Self? through art and share what you create with others.
There are two ways to exhibit your art:
1) Submit a piece to be shown at the May 8, 9 and 10th, What is Self? exhibition at Frisbie St. in Oakland, CA.
Frisbie St. is a new alternative art space in Oakland, CA for artists to show their work and connect with other artists for innovative group shows. Home and studio for Breathe One Love artist, Lanell Dike the space is perfect for flat work, as well as sculpture, mixed media and installation art. Located on Frisbie St. in the heart of the thriving Oakland art scene.
2) Submit a piece for viewing on the What is Self? website.
Please read the Submission Guidelines below.
To submit a piece for the May 2009 Exhibition
Send all submissions by email to lanell [at] breatheonelove [dot] com with the subject line: What is Self?
• If your piece is already completed, send an image, along with exact measurements and a short artist statement about how the piece relates to the question What is Self?
• If your work is in progress, send a detailed description of the piece, with estimated measurements and a short artist statement about how the piece relates to the question What is Self?
• If you are interested in creating an installation or altar art piece, please send a description of your idea by Friday, March 20 and come to the Artist Meeting on Sunday, March 22 to see the space and discuss your piece.
Artist Meeting: Sunday, March 22nd at 2:00 p.m. This is an opportunity for you to discuss your piece, see the space and meet other artists. Attendance is not required for submission. Please email to R.S.V.P and for directions.
Submission Deadline: Monday, March 30th, 2009
There is no submission fee but all selected artists will be asked to donate $45 to participate. This fee will cover printing of show postcards, food, drinks and other event costs. You keep 100% profits of any piece sold.
Frisbie St. is entirely a volunteer effort. Looking for artists who want to be actively involved in the show by attending, having fun and interacting with guests.
To submit a piece for viewing on the What is Self? website:
• Send a high-resolution photo of your artwork to lanell [at] breatheonelove [dot] com.
• Include a description of the piece, a short artist (one paragraph or less) statement about how the piece relates to the question What is Self? and a link to your website (if you have one.)
• Of course, you always retain 100% rights to your image and information and they can be removed from this website any time at your request. Simply email lanell [at] breatheonelove [dot] com for removal. This website is simply a sharing mechanism around a specific theme. There are no commercial purposes.
• Submission Deadline: None, on-going.